Swatantra Foundation, a Chennai based Think Tank devoted to Public Policy Analysis and Advocacy in association with Aerospace Industries Development Association of Tamil Nadu [AIDAT], an organisation dedicated to development of Aerospace & Defence ecosystem in Tamil Nadu is hosting an event “DEFENCE EXPO EMPOWERING MSME 2021” to promote business opportunities for MSME’s in Tamil Nadu in the Aerospace and Defence Ecosystem. The event will be held during 19-21 March, 2021 at Chennai Trade Centre Complex, Nandambakkam, Chennai.
The Ministry of Defence, Department of Defence production has approved the event and is also taking part as Logo Partner. Tamil Nadu Industries Development Corporation [TIDCO], who are the nodal agency for the Tamil Nadu Defence Industrial Corridor is also with us as a Logo partner.
The Expo will have around 450 stalls, with Large & Medium occupying about 150 to 200 stalls and the rest going to MSEs. Several Small & micro Industries Associations, such as Tamil Nadu Small & Tiny Industries Association [TANSTIA], Coimbatore District Small Industries Association [CODISSIA], Laghu Udyog Bharti [LUB], Ambattur Industrial Estate Manufacturers Association [AIEMA] and many others are supporting and participating in the event to display their capability.
The main aim of this event is to connect the Tamil Nadu & Neighboring state MSME companies who have the capacity and the capability to cater to the Aerospace & Defence sector. A Conference & Seminar, over the 2 to 3 days, on opportunities for MSMEs in the Indian Defence Sector – Building Atma Nirbhar ecosystem is also being planned concurrently with the expo.
Exclusive B2B Collaborative sessions will be the highlight, during which the potential supply chain partners can exchange business related information.
The main objective of the Expo and Seminar are:-
1. To connect MSMEs to end users in the Services, Indian Defence Manufacturing majors and the various R&D institutions under DRDO and DPSUs.
2. To build and harness the Capacity and Capability of MSME sector to cater to the needs of Defence Sector
3. To create a broad and sustainable Supply Chain base for a vibrant MSME sector for Defence and Defence Exports
4. To provide a forum for MSME and Defence sector buyers to interact and identify mutually beneficial areas of business opportunities
5. To enable an Aerospace and Defence eco-system for Innovation by promoting new Start Ups and Academia-Industry collaborations.
The event will be a great platform for Tier-1 & Tier-2 companies to meet up with their potential supply chain partner. Large Defence Manufacturers such as Larsen & Toubro, DRDO, Bharat Forge, many of the Ordnance Board Factories, Hindustan Shipyard, Super Auto Forge, LMW, LCC and many others are expected to participate.
For booking your stall space / attending B2B Collaborative meetings & Seminars visit https://defenceexpotn.in